Orange-County Courant

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit

Friday, August 19, 2005

The last post of this blog

Dear Reader(s),

I would like to thank all of you for your patronage at the Courant these past three months. It has been delightful to read your feedback either in the comments or in your many emails. I have especially enjoyed the camaraderie of the other political blogs, most of all the men at OC Blog, who put this crazy venture into my head.

But recent events, like media coverage and the many potential political maneuverings, have made me think to put an end to my blogging for now. I can foresee a working stiff political junkie like me getting far too wrapped up in the blogosphere and succombing to a sloth-like existence. This I aim to avoid. Without getting paid for punditry - and I'm not saying it's worth buying - the time spent here is costly.

I thank Richard and Anthony for their insightful addition to this thread of commentary. And I wish them luck in their own blogging if they choose to continue.

So without fanfare or applause, I bid you all farewell.

Your Humble Servant,

SILENCE DOGOOD OC

UPDATE: I have moved! Check out Hack n Flak and OC Blog for more of my analysis on California politics.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Jubal said...

So it ain't so, my blogging friend! Ugh -- you really had a great blog going.

Well, I hope you'll haunt the comments section over at OC Blog, and take up the habit again in the future.

Good luck to you.

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best to you!

regardless of if we saw eye to eye, it's nice to have people sharing opinions and trying to move things forward.

know you helped to do just that.

move

things

forward.

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Kahuna said...

Tis a sad day.

I share my Blogpen compatriot's feelings. You'll be missed.

Bummer, dude.

Kahuna

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Allan Bartlett said...

Silence,

You contributed so much in so little time. I wish you the best. Don't go away forever. You have an uncommon amount of common sense.

Allan Bartlett

Friday, August 19, 2005 9:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sergeant said...

You will be missed in the blogosphere. Best wishes in all future endeavors.

Saturday, August 20, 2005 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous El Pistolero said...

We will miss you in the blogosphere.

Pueda todos sus sueƱos se realizan.

EP

Saturday, August 20, 2005 12:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found you, and now you are gone.

But I completely understand you.

Come back and blog for at least 30 minutes a day.

Sunday, August 21, 2005 2:09:00 AM  
Blogger Cathleen Gagliani said...

Those of us at Hack n Flak wish you the best.

Monday, August 22, 2005 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger AV Watch said...

Silence -- the loss is our's! This site is exceptional, and your analyses very, very good. Sorry to see you 'silenced'.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mike Davis said...

take care and good luck, hopefully you'll change your mind sometime soon

-- Mike
http://www.meetoc.com/user/mikedavis

Monday, September 26, 2005 4:29:00 PM  
Anonymous orange county web design said...

I still cant believe its gone, and today I catch myself browsing the old pages.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 2:23:00 AM  
Anonymous oranbge county lexus said...

It was great while you were around and I wish you the best.

Friday, March 30, 2007 4:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home